Saturday 2 April 2011

The Immortality of the Academic

Today marks the passing of another year of my life and I have had a peaceful morning to organise and put things into perspective. As the years have gone, I have noticed the effects upon me and the slowing down of the body and the steadying of the mind. In many ways I have also seen how to effectively live past the limited years of the human creature. Some time ago I began to see my own existence as an interconnection with time, space and the living energies of the moment. I decided to draw, write and pass on my skills and knowledge to those who I thought could make use of them effectively. I have always been wary of the self appointed masters and gurus who teach secrets for money, so where I can my experiences are passed on freely.

Where the academic would seal their works in words, I have found it provides only a coded existence of what I can pass on. By explanation, teaching and leading by example it seems I have been able to communicate more effectively and also have been able to improve and further myself as other like minded folk have opened up and shared their thoughts.

The transition of a skill from one person to another is a magnificent thing. The skill has an energy and life of its own, as it passes to another it evolves. With care and guidance it becomes stronger. No doubt I will return to writings soon enough to document what I can, but I will always look to pass on skills first hand wherever I can. To be a part of life and energy beyond our immediate circumstances is a fine reward. 

My thanks to Craig & Dan, for inspiration over the years.

4 comments:

  1. Just wonderful to read your thoughts and Great ideas, an inspiration to us all - thank you X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, thanks Binnie. Hope you have enjoyed your weekend and have been treated to the sights of nature around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -George Bernard Shaw

    The inspiration is mutual!
    Thank you Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then there will be two ideas to evolve and pass on!

    You are most welcome

    ReplyDelete